Weekly themes provide learning opportunities which will help develop children’s Social and Emotional Skills, Self-Reliance Skills, Fine and Gross Motor Skills, Language Arts, Math, Science, and Good Citizen Skills. These preschool skills will be developed through teacher directed activities as well as free exploration learning centers. Children play outside daily, weather permitting.
Move up schedule: Children move up from the 2’s class into one of our 3 year old rooms based on social and developmental readiness, space availability in the next classroom, and birthdays. Children will move up to either the Young 3’s or Older 3’s room somewhere between their birthday and the end of the summer. The timeline will vary for each child.
A typical day includes:
- Nutritious lunch and two snacks provided
- Diapers and wipes provided
- Circle time discussion of weekly theme
- Story time
- Teacher Directed activities which promote a love of learning and the skills listed above
- Outdoor play (weather permitting)
- Free exploration of age-appropriate learning centers in the classroom
- Rest Time