If you are like us, you LOVE to be outside. For some kids putting down their electronics and getting out into nature can be equivalent to doing chores. I found this amazing blog that includes 100 Thing to do Before, During, or After a Nature Walk. The Author, Jimmie, has created this amazing list to help parents create an experience for their children that will help expand their minds and encourage them to get outside. Her list includes ideas such as:
- Creating a pond viewer with instruction on how to do so
- Create and use a scavenger hunt list while on your walk
- Shooting rocks out of a slingshot
- Creating art with objects you found on your adventure
- Creating stories using mythical creatures that could inhabit your forest
This is just a sampling of Jimmie’s blog. I encourage you to check it out, grab your science journal, and get outside!
AsheBridge Children’s Academy offers quality preschool education for our communities in Apex, Cary, Fuquay, Holly Springs, Angier, and surrounding areas. Contact us today to learn about all the fun things that set us apart from the other daycare and childcare centers.