Teachers balance academic lessons and interest activities exposing children to a wide variety of concepts such as Social and Emotional Skills, Self-Reliance Skills, Fine and Gross Motor Skills, Language Arts, Math, Science, and Good Citizen Skills. Weekly themes provide learning opportunities in art, music, literature, science, dramatic play and fine motor development in the classroom learning centers. Children play outside daily, weather permitting.
Move up schedule: 4 year olds will usually move up to the next classroom with their peers at the start of the new school year.
A typical full day includes:
- Nutritious lunch and two snacks provided
- Circle time discussion of weekly theme
- Teacher-directed activities (small group or individual) which promote a love of learning as well as the skills listed above
- Free exploration of classroom learning centers
- Story time
- Outdoor play (weather permitting)
- Rest Time