Children are greatly affected by what is said to them. Make a positive impact by always treating children in the way you want to be treated.
- Be aware of what you say and how you say it. Criticism, insults, threats, sarcasm, and rejection can all be forms of emotional abuse and leave lasting scars on children.
- Avoid putdowns, even as jokes. Children take them seriously.
- Stop and cool down before disciplining a child.
- Treat children with respect, even when disciplining, and focus on the behavior, not the child.
- Never use racial slurs or other insults when speaking about others.
- Encourage behavior you want by praising children often for positive qualities and actions.
- Engage children in friendly conversation daily. Show interest in what they like, ask for their opinions, and listen attentively.
- Keep your promises to children. If that proves impossible, apologize and make it up to them.
We’d like to give a huge thank you to prevent child abuse and positive promotions for these valuable tips.
AsheBridge Children’s Academy offers quality preschool education for our communities in Apex, Cary, Fuquay, Holly Springs, Angier, and surrounding areas. Contact us today to learn about all the fun things that set us apart from the other daycare and childcare centers.